Adding My First Page to My Website | My Home Biz Journal

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Adding My First Page to My Website

http://www.homebizonlinethatworks.com/

I always know that it is important to add content to your website and that adding your own articles is a great way to do it. I had checked out the PIP's update services offered by various PIP veteratns. They are all good but I figured that I needed to try it myself.

One of the bonuses I received for becoming a Pipspowergroup member was a free PIP style template offered by Suzanne Morrison. I downloaded it, made chaneges according to her instructions (Suzanne always gives really easy to understand instructions; I need to learn from her) and then pasted one of my articles into it.

Then I need to somehow link my article to the index page. Where do I plant it? I asked myself. When I opened the code page in the webpanel with Host4Profit, the code just rained on me, and I didn't have any bearings as to where I was.

Nevertheless, there is structure to the code, and I was able to discern it roughtly after I sat myself to it. This is what I did:

  • I decided visually where I wanted my article title to appear on the index page and located where it should be roughly in the html code of the index page. I positioned it by checking some text paragraphs just above and below the desired location.
  • I gave the area its separate column and named it "Latest Business Articles". I did this by copying over a similarly styled section but then deleted all the content in it except for the formatting code.
  • I then searched some other PIP's sites (there are plenty of them from the Warriorforum as everyone has one in the signature file) for one with links to articles.
  • After I selected the site that has the kind of link, I use View-Source option in Internet Explorer. This give me all the html code of that page, which includes the code that links the articles.
  • I copied over the code that links an article into my index page. I changed the article name to my own file name (this is the file into which I copied my article previously).

Voila, I just added my first page to the boiler plate Plugin4Profit website! With this beginning, I will be adding more later. My goal is to keep my website with unique articles only. All other articles I submit to other sites will be as unique as possible but less so compared to my own website's content.

Each time I made some change to my website, even though it is very small, I still feel like patting myself on the shoulder. There are still a few things I want to do to my site, among which to change the color scheme, to make the article directory functional, to have a page for link partners, and then perhaps a few pages with audio sales page. I would love to do this by myself if I had the time. But maybe it may prove to be worthwhile to enlist other PIP services.

Ying

Check Out This Simple Work From Home Opportunity

Start Working From Home With This Simple Opportunity at A One Time Cost of $20

No comments: